Message from the Membership Director
Legionnaires Insurance Trust
Endorsed by Department of California
Steven ‘Mike’ Hooper
Hello Membership Team
A note from KathyY, Ash, Sarah:
REMINDER - Next week is our first “TARGET DATE”. We must have ALL transmittals in the SFHQ by Monday 9-8-2014. We have to ship to National on Tuesday over night so they have them by the 10th. Please Mail Early!
Thanks for all you are doing for The American Legion, without members; it is hard to accomplish all we do for our veterans, the community, state and nation.
Best Regards... Mike Hooper
Transmitting Membership to Department Headquarters
On a regular basis (at least weekly) send to Department Headquarters all completed cards for which dues have been received, including renewals, new members, and transferred members. All mail should be address to:
TAL HQ - Dept. of California, 205 13th St., Room 3300, San Francisco, CA 94103
DO'S AND DON'TS
- Submit membership cards with transmittal and check. Missing documentation will cause delaying processing ofmembership.
- Transmit membership as it comes in. DO NOT wait to submit all at once.
- Make a separate transmittal and check for previous years cards.
- When sending cards for deceased members or unknown members, keep them separate from the renewals for which you are sending payment.
- Do not separate the left and center section of the membership card. Send the two parts (without separating) to Dept. HQ for processing.
- Do not transmit membership cards to Dept. HQ for Online Renewals.
- Do not pay dues for members that have been deceased.
- Do not send incorrect check, old transmittal form, incomplete membership card and lor incomplete member data form. Incomplete/ Incorrect documents will be mailed back which will cause delay in processing membership.
- Do not write on membership cards to correct address. Use a member data form.
- Do not send member data form for new signed up members. (All the needed information should be on the membership card)