Message from the Membership Director
Legionnaires Insurance Trust
Endorsed by Department of California
Steven ‘Mike’ Hooper
Hello Membership Team
This is from Janet Wilson, Department Commander
Let your voice be heard!
The American Legion’s Town Hall meeting:
When: October 27, 2014
Where: American Legion Post 496; 5938 East Parkcrest St., Long Beach, CA 90808
Download the flyer: PDF format
The American Legion will also up a Veterans Outreach Center at Post 496 from October 28-30, 2014. Services provided will include: VA appointment scheduling, grief counseling, benefits claims, and help with enrollment in VA healthcare.
Operating hours for the command center are:
8:00 am to 6:00 pm on October 28th
8:00 am to 8:00 pm on October 29th and 30th
Best Regards... Mike Hooper
Transmitting Membership to Department Headquarters
On a regular basis (at least weekly) send to Department Headquarters all completed cards for which dues have been received, including renewals, new members, and transferred members. All mail should be address to:
TAL HQ - Dept. of California, 205 13th St., Room 3300, San Francisco, CA 94103
DO'S AND DON'TS
- Submit membership cards with transmittal and check. Missing documentation will cause delaying processing ofmembership.
- Transmit membership as it comes in. DO NOT wait to submit all at once.
- Make a separate transmittal and check for previous years cards.
- When sending cards for deceased members or unknown members, keep them separate from the renewals for which you are sending payment.
- Do not separate the left and center section of the membership card. Send the two parts (without separating) to Dept. HQ for processing.
- Do not transmit membership cards to Dept. HQ for Online Renewals.
- Do not pay dues for members that have been deceased.
- Do not send incorrect check, old transmittal form, incomplete membership card and lor incomplete member data form. Incomplete/ Incorrect documents will be mailed back which will cause delay in processing membership.
- Do not write on membership cards to correct address. Use a member data form.
- Do not send member data form for new signed up members. (All the needed information should be on the membership card)